View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree, he is my primary. If cant get result soon will be going to my Rhemo.

My vascular surgeon did not refer me to physical therapy said with as long as I was in it I already know the stretches and other things to try and cope which is partially correct. My spouse does pectoral releases for me and we do alot of moist heat. I have also been doing alot of mobility exercises to try and help loosening things up. Have considered going back to it but with my health insurance I am limited by where I can go and haven't been able to find many people who have experience with TOS.

I also had one other semi concern I wanted to address. For the past week or so I have had a horrible cough and congestion in my throat. I am a smoker and it when I try to smoke I exhale but it still seems as though I have it still in my lungs and it is trapped which forces me to cough. Don't know if it could be anything related to TOS or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
[Doctor does not want to put me on any pain meds]

Some MDs do think that way. And some just do not understand or care to treat a possibly chronic pain condition.
Does the doc have a good pain chart and ask what you avg pain is daily?
But if your pain levels are not allowing for good quality sleep, which is very important to healing, that needs to be addressed.
If not by your current dr , by a new one or a pain management dr.

You don't mention any sort of post op phys therapy, some skilled PT might be very beneficial. They can & should do pain relieving therapy vs strengthening until your pain levels drop.
antikamars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote