View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussion Symptoms back after 2 months Free

About 4 months ago I was out with some friends.. I was heavily intoxicated and at the end of the night somehow hit the back of my head extremely hard. I do not remember how, but the next morning I woke up and had a severe headache and felt terrible. Threw up repeatedly all day and spent the day in my bed with what I thought was the hangover from hell. I couldn't understand why the room kept spinning around me when I would move in bed.. I had no balance either.. the next day when it didn't get any better I went to the ER for a cat scan and was told I had a concussion..

The cat scan came back negative, but I was told to go see my PCP. I made an appointment with my PCP and saw him for the next few weeks.. I had terrible symptoms for about a month.. would just come home from work and go straight to sleep.. I had to keep working because I had no PTO to use.. I have an inside sales job where I am on the computer all day, so needless to say it was very difficult.

After 2 months I was symptom free.. I slowly got back into my routine.. working out.. running.. playing sports.. hanging out with friends and drinking.. I had drank a few times, but for some reason last Saturday 11/24/12 I was out with friends drinking, I got pretty drunk but did not hit my head or anything of that nature.. the next day I woke up with what I thought was a hangover.. but it got progressively worse throughout the week.. my symptoms slowly started coming back.. I went to the gym on Monday and started feeling dizzy and light headed and my eye sight didnt feel normal.. these effects all got worse as the week went on..

This past weekend I did nothing but lay in bed and relax because I didn't want to make things worse.. I went to my PCP yesterday and he said I have Post Concussion Syndrome and need to go see a neurologist as well as an Ophthalmologist. I was hoping someone might have some experience and could tell me if I will start to feel normal again like I did last time.. and if so what should I do differently? Should I stop drinking all together? Take a year off? I was fine when I was just working out and playing sports.. I think getting back into the same state of mind I was in when the concussion first happened is what triggered it..

If anyone can help or has some suggestions, I would really appreciate it.
drod313 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote