View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pamidronate and Neridronate

Hello!

A recent article that you all can search for but that I can't link or post here (I haven't posted enough to have those privileged) found further randomized clinical trial evidence in favor of bisphophonate therapy. The treatment regimen used in this study involved 4 infusions of 100mg of neridronate over 10 days and resulted in pretty impressive (it seems) decreases in pain and increases in function. I've read some thoughts about bisphosphonates on this forum before, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with neridronate. I have a hunch that it's not available in the U.S. (the study was conducted in Italy), but I thought I'd ask you all just to confirm. Alternatively, the authors suggested a regimen of 4 doses of i.v. palidronate 90 mg over 4-10 days. Have any of you had experience with this particular bisphosphonate at this high a dosage (or with palidronate at all). If you are interested in the article, I thought it was very good... you could probably find the abstract by searching CRPS and Neridronate.

Thanks! I appreciate any thoughts!
cja1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
carol power (01-26-2014), fmichael (12-04-2012)