View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebus View Post
Thanks for the input guys, but I got a question for you.

I understand double crush, such as having both TOS and cubital tunnel, and that makes perfect sense to me.

But I'm just wondering, have any of you with severe TOS noticed where your arms just in general go to sleep easier? By that I mean like just stuff like trying to carry something under my arm, leaning on my forearms, gripping something too tight, etc, I start to get tingling in my hands, where before this is stuff that would of never came close to bothering me..

I mean I guess this could technically be the doulbe crush mechanism as well, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.
My diagnosed cubital tunnel syndrome was actually just a referral of symptoms from TOS. I even had surgery on one elbow thinking that it was actually the cause of my problems. Similarly, my ulnar nerve would sublux at my elbow so bad it would make a snapping sound. Now that my TOS is under control, I'm no longer having these problems.

My arm also used to occasionally go completely numb, swell, or get really cold from no blood flow, all just from sleeping with it on the side of my body while sleeping on my back. Waking up with a purplish/bluish hand was enough to keep me from going to sleep for a while. Also, carrying a bag that was barely a pound could cause my arm to swell/go numb. TOS can cause all kinds of symptoms that can really make daily life miserable.
Seeman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antikamars (12-04-2012)