View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuamr View Post
Hey fclegg I just had a few questions for you. Since you live so far from dr Donahue how did the consultation leading up to surgery take place? Were you already diagnosed when u scheduled surgery? And was it dr Donahue that diagnosed you with neurogenic TOS? I live about 4 hours from dr Donahue but was considering trying to see him. I had venous and arterial TOS ruled out by a vascular surgeon who said he didn't treat NTOS but said it was possible that I had that form. Which was upsetting because I went there specifically to be tested for NTOS b/c my symptoms are strictly neurological. He posted that he tested for TOS, guess I should have made sure he treated all forms before I went. That's why I ask if dr Donahue diagnosed you with neurogenic TOS. Thanks for any reply, and hope your recovery is going well.
Hello! I went to Mass General to see the same vascular doctor that saw my sister 3yrs ago. She had VTOS. We both saw Dr Stephan Wickey. Dr Wickey ordered Doppler ultrasound which showed blood vessel compression, enough that Wickey said I should see Dr Donahue. My chief complaints were and are neurological. Saw Donahue same day! When blood vessels show compression, then nerve compression is a reasonable assumption, per dr D. So he suspected NTOS, but I had to glo thru phys therapy and when that failed, Botox shots and when they helped, then he concluded that NTOS was a reasonable diagnosis. He is very conservative and is choosy about whom he operates on so that success is achieved for all involved. Recovery is slow, I had LOTS of nerve scarring, he said. I will take at least a yr to recover.
fclegg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote