View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Steph,

They started very slowly reducing the dosage in Feb 2010 and by Dec 2011 it was down to 20/10 (20 one day, 10 the next). Then my husband noticed that my left eye was starting to droop significantly. At that time the dosage was increased to 25/15 and it's taken about 10 months to reduce the dosage to 10 mg every other day.

There has been so much going on with my meds because I also have Stiff Person Syndome along with MG. At some point during 2010 I was placed on Imuran which is suppose to help subpress my immune system because of the SPS and work along with the prednisone enabling me to take less prednisone than normal. I was also put on Valium because of the SPS symptoms.

I can't tell you how tired I am of drugs. But I have no choice. I hope you can take the lowest dosage for the shortest period of time as possible. Hopefully with just having MG that will be possible. Keep us updated on your progress.

I hope this helps but again I'm dealing with two rare autoimmune diseases and so my drugs and dosages are not normal to say the least.

Becky
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
StephC (12-05-2012)