Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Mrs. D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
You can buy benfotiamine at iherb.com or Amazon.com.

Mostly online sources only. It used to be extremely expensive and hard to get. We had a fellow many years ago on the other board location who imported it from Germany, which was the only source back then. (about 10 yrs ago)

I use Doctor's Best brand. It is now affordable for most people.

I also order my Benfotiamine from Iherb.com as well. Also, Use Doctor's Best brand. I have been taking two 150 mg's in the a.m. and about 4:00 p.m. take two 150mg's again. This is a total of 600 mg's a day. (I had been taking for about 9 months.)

I do believe this has given me more energy; but have been a little more jittery lately and now wondering if this dose is too high. I have been taking this, along with one R-Lopic acid per day and one to two Methylcobalamin B12 a day (both on empty stomach)

Two months ago had surgery and was in hospital for two weeks and was not taking any of these vitamins/ supplements. Also, forgot about them for a few weeks after getting home from hospital. It has been a little over a month since starting to take these vitamin/supplements again. I know I previously had a problem with taking two R-Lipoic Acid because seemed to be feeling more jittery and lowered to one a day. Taking one of the R-Lipoic seemed to be okay; but have been wondering if the Benfotiame dose is too much.

I remember you also had the same problem with R-Lopic Acid and were taking one a day as well. Are you taking a lesser amount of the Benfotiamine than I am or about the same?

Thanks so much for all the info you provide for NT.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tinaanne56 (12-10-2012)