View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim091866 View Post
My biggest issue was increasing my on time, I take (1) 25/100 every hour. and also that I am trouble in that I sometimes take a nap and miss a dose or two in the afternoon then it will take a while and perhaps an increase in dose up to taking 2 tablets at once to reach the on state again. He gave me a trial of the Neupro patch. I was interested in Comtan thinking this is what I would need. Opinions?

Additionally anyone on the patch? How is it doing for you? Any side effects, do I need to change the site that I wear it at?

Thanks as always,
Jim
Hello Jim, I use Neupro from about two years. It doesn't me me any problems. Only the first time, it gave me some little problem, a little lowering of blood pressure, but at that time, I didn't take any meds, yet. I apply it on top of the legs or arms. It's better to cut hair in the application area. I apply the patch on the same side, again, even after two days, as long as the skin isn't still slightly irritated. Neupro works very well for me, its effect is higher than almost ldopa. For which concern Stalevo, I used it for almost a year, but my new neurologist took me off it, because he told me that at this stage of my illness, is better to use Neupro and Madopar only, Stalevo later on.

Born in 1969, diagnosed PD in 2007, first symptoms 2004. DBS in July 2016.
sim00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jim091866 (12-05-2012)