Thread: Dyskinesia
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'cs View Post
I go from feeling well for the first dose of the day to bad dyskinesia to precipitous off, then mid day dose which may or may not work well, depending on metabolism and activity. It's freaking roller coaster. One gets awful tired of iit, and its so very uncomfortable, but that's what we've got, got to find our own ways of coping, no way out of this thing quite yet.
Anti dyskinesia drugs, can be found in anti spasmotics and anti seizure drugs, but they give only short term effectiveness, because of long term tolerance, and dose escalation. BUT, if you get relief from anything, use it, if it can't damage you more profoundly then you are from PD. I still drink alcohol for the internal shaking, much as those with essential tremor do. Alcohol is a bad drug though, IMHO, for us PWP.
It is well known that activity has the ability to quell dyskinesia, temporarily, however, I think we resist movement the worse we get.
Yeah, Im starting to find out that a little bit of dyskinesia goes a long way, however my off time was minimal today..(for a change)..got an extra hour of on time, 2 minutes of dyskinesia, and felt well enough to do some grocery shopping tonight..Havent done that at night in a long time..I feel like I got a day off from pd..Im sure it didnt wonder off to far

Does gabapentin have any effect on dyskinesia?
RLSmi (12-05-2012)