View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

BackwardPawn

Boy can I relate to your title "Tired Literally and Figuratively".

Not sure what to tell you - I don't know your entire circumstances.

I do know that I had to deal with an ADA Manager - who was useless - and an HR Manager who was clueless.

Thank God for a Fabulous Boss who saw my illness hit me fast and furious, supported me for 5 years until the MG progressed to moderate - severe generalized symptoms (from initially only ocular MG).

I finally had to go on short term disability and then SSDI. I was barely dragging myself into work (I worked in a high paced Type A "Think Tank" environment). After work, I was barely able to drive home, often skipped dinner, and fell asleep on my couch as soon as I walked into my home. Slept the entire week-end. Not a fun life.

Do you have the option of taking short-term disability? This might be different from your regular sick time. This is something you might investigate BEFORE you ask your boss about it.

You are sounding very overwhelmed by the many obstacles you are currently facing - these are causing much stress- which exacerbates myasthenia gravis. Perhaps some down-time (disability time) is needed to help your body adjust and adapt to the many changes one needs to make with myasthenia gravis.

(((((hugggggs)))))) Many of us have been where you are.

SoftTalkerSue

p.s. I am not saying that a short term disability "time out" will automatically lead to SSDI. Many can return to work after a short leave time.

Last edited by SoftTalker; 12-05-2012 at 02:42 AM.
SoftTalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (12-05-2012), jana (12-06-2012)