View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dealing with the loss of "normal"

I know many people here have been dealing with MG much longer than I have and I am not sure if how I am feeling is part of normal stages of loss or if I need to seek some professional help.

Right now I am very depressed and sad and sometimes I feel angry about what I can't do.

2 1/2 months ago when I was diagnosed, I was relieved to have answers to my symptoms and thought that with treatment I could go back to my active and busy lifestyle. (Denial?) Each and every time I have tried to exercise I have a setback. Without exercise I have put on weight, and this weight gain has made me feel depressed as well. I have tried dieting but I have not been successful. In the past, exercise is what helped me with weight control, stress relief and even control my eating.

Every day is different. Some days I feel pretty good and some days I can't walk more than 100 feet. How do you plan anything? My daughter wants us to go Christmas shopping and I have been putting her off because I have no idea when I will feel good enough to go.

I know I should just feel thankful that I am still getting out of bed every day and still working full time. I know many people with this disease have much worse symptoms so I should be happy it is not worse. My husband insists that nobody is "normal" and life is always changing so I should be able to deal with this change and move on. He wants to help me, but I have no idea how to have him help. He sees me as being active as him (or more so), therefore I must be ok.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Lesmom96 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (12-14-2012)