View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you for replies

Thank you all for your replies, kind words and advice! It's hard to post on here because then you feel bad for not having the energy to reply back to people....

I think the thing I am finding the most frustrating is not being able to communicate with people. whether it be by phone, email, text or in person, I find it too exhausting and it causes setbacks. I LOVE to learn new things and talking to people is my favorite thing in the world because I get to learn what they know. I love some of the tips I've found (from Mark?) about staying in a corner of the room, only having one person talk at a time, etc. The earplugs tip is fabulous but I seem to have short ear canals (one is very short) and the earplugs don't go in far at all and keep falling out and look stupid sticking out of my ears so far. Any suggestions on this one? The wax ones don't show at all but don't block as much either. I have construction workers earmuffs for when I use the blender and food processor or if the house noise is loud. Those would look stupid out of the house though...

Every time I go a day or two or heck even a few hours feeling better I start to think... maybe I'm getting better. My neuropsycologist says it is very common in this situation and the running joke is everyone says... maybe now I'm getting better.. all the time. One of these days I'm hoping it will be true.

I still think maybe I need to see a neuro-opthamologist to help with the blurred vision/tracking problems. I see some people have had luck with it. Do most people find it helpful or is it another appointment where he'll say I'm perfectly normal and there's nothing he can do, it will just take time?

My next big questions for all of you are:
how do you deal with people/relatives saying that you look fine and acting like you're exaggerating everything. Whenever anyone asks me to explain what's going on, or I just try to tell them because I can see they don't believe me, I get anxious and then all the symptoms flair up and I don't explain anything properly at all because I'm so confused.

last question is: how do you deal with Christmas. My in-laws are 2 hours away and I think riding in the car with my vision/dizziness/sensory issues for that long will be the end of me, not to mention all the conversations once I get there. And then there's my side of the families xmas festivities to go to. Should I not go? Am I setting myself up for a huge setback here? I can't even have a half hour one on one visit with someone. I don't want to be setback months just because of Christmas.

O.k. those are your questions for the day! Hopefully when you're feeling well enough you can get back to me but no hurry!

I wonder if I should have started new threads for these..... still new here

Thanks
(just re-read my post and it jumps around a LOT ... sorry
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (12-05-2012)