View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Grin reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg neck prob View Post
Hi Indiana--I had acdf same level back in 7-2010 ---I was told recently im 100% fused---went back to do another mri because i been having shoulder the worst problem, also biceps,and some neck pain. Now-- my brother went back the previous years for posterior fusion and the intial week afer surgery he said was more painful then acdf. Its a bit harder to cut thru muscle-- However after a month he was back to work and he is 50's with 3 kids and doing very well. His symptoms are much better then mine. Every blue moon he has a flare up that last a few days. Just curious what symptoms did u get back to make u find out you were not fused? I was always under the impression if you didint fuse surgery was required? I dont blame you-- look
3 doctors are all conflicting.....how bad do you feel now? Wow.. Im sorry your going thru this right now.
After two years from surgery, I noticed that there was quite a bit of popping going on when I moved my neck from side to side. I went in to see the original doctor who did my surgery, they did some xrays of my neck and it clearly showed that the bone they took from my hip for fusion in my neck was inbetween the C5-C6, C6-C7 vertebrae, but there was a gap between both ends...I've been to three different doctors and they said they same thing, that the vertebrae failed to fuse. The pain has returned, I have good days and bad days. My neurologist has put me on Lyrica 225 and Hydrocodone 10-660. I really don't want to be on pills. I've had three cervical spine blocks done in the C5-C6, C6-C7 area over the past two years. They usually block the pain for about a week to 10 days....My options, as I see it are limited. Either opt for the surgery, have spinal blocks about every 3 months (all my insurance will cover) or live on pain pills forever....getting old sucks....
im4indiana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-05-2012), mg neck prob (12-06-2012)