View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesmom96 View Post
I know many people here have been dealing with MG much longer than I have and I am not sure if how I am feeling is part of normal stages of loss or if I need to seek some professional help.

Right now I am very depressed and sad and sometimes I feel angry about what I can't do.

2 1/2 months ago when I was diagnosed, I was relieved to have answers to my symptoms and thought that with treatment I could go back to my active and busy lifestyle. (Denial?) Each and every time I have tried to exercise I have a setback. Without exercise I have put on weight, and this weight gain has made me feel depressed as well. I have tried dieting but I have not been successful. In the past, exercise is what helped me with weight control, stress relief and even control my eating.

Every day is different. Some days I feel pretty good and some days I can't walk more than 100 feet. How do you plan anything? My daughter wants us to go Christmas shopping and I have been putting her off because I have no idea when I will feel good enough to go.
I'm having the weight issues too and exercise just makes me weaker and since I'm getting older the weight is harder to lose. I don't eat much, and I don't eat a bunch of junk food either. I'm trying to figure out how to lose weight but everything I try doesn't work. Right now I'm trying to drink more water to see if that will help. I think my weight issue has to do with inflammation because my c reactive protein is high.

I used to be a person the would "yes" anytime anyone wanted to go anywhere and now I say "no" a lot. I don't like saying no to going anywhere, but the reality is that I can't do a lot of what I used to do and it's very frustrating. Even though the Mestinon is helping me a lot my body is still too weak to do what I used to do. I'm not sure what will happen if my doctor puts me on Imuran. I'm not even sure I want to be on that drug, but I do want to get up and go like I used to. Hmmm....what a great dream...

Right now I'm making "lemonade out of lemons" even though I can't drink it.
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (12-06-2012)