View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It's Here!!!!!!!!!!

The Nexus 10 arrived on Monday. I do have a challenge. When I attempted to hook up and get started, I kept getting a message that the tablet did not recognize the wifi connection. Once that message pops up, everything comes to a grinding halt. I spent four hours on the phone with Google and Samsung on Monday night. I was passed from pillar to post. Everyone said they knew what to do if the device was a Nexus 7 but didn't know squat about the 10s. That was not encouraging since it is their device.

I gave up as I was toooo close to having a vulgar fit. That won't do. Yesterday I found a web board for Nexus 7 and 10s. I posted the situation, let them know that I am not a geek and honestly am android ignorant. I also briefly mentioned my physical problems and can't be running all over town for a "fix". Those angels responded immediately, asked a ton of questions about what I had tried and the general consensous is that the tablet and ancient router are not compatible. When Judy gets here, I will have her throw me in the wheelchair and take me down to a neighbor who has a new router. If that allows the tablet to start up, we have the answer and I can just buy a new router. They also said it is possible that if the router is the tablet problem, there is a chance that my newish Vizio tv is not dead but has a router problem too. I had several upgrades on it durring the last few weeks before it "died". Judy just called and is on her way. Fingers crossed and I am storming the heavens. Will keep you posted.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-08-2012), Hannabananna (12-05-2012), Mark56 (12-05-2012), Rrae (12-06-2012)