View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have mostly canceled Christmas here. Normally my parents come to visit and stay a couple days (I only see them twice a year) and I've asked them not to come. They came in May (my fall was in Feb) and I had major setbacks after their visit. They are very upset about not coming, but I no longer care.

I am not doing any gift shopping this year at all. We don't have any little kids in the family, pretty much all older kids and adults. I spent 2 hours and wrote 4 cheques for the older kids, that's all they want anyhow is $. Who knew writing cheques could take so long and require so much sleep after?? Turns out typing is way easier than writing with a pen.

My husband and daughter (24) are getting a cash budget that they can choose to spend how they want and they will go buy what they want. I won't be involved in that. They are insisting on me getting something, so I will online shop for myself and have it delivered.

Other people that we normally visit or exchange gifts with, I told we are not doing that this year, that I feel like crap and I just don't have it in me. Many are upset and don't understand, but I no longer care.

I'm just not doing it, period. I will likely cook a turkey on Christmas day for the 3 of us, big enough to feed us for a few days so that I won't have to do much cooking after that.

Not sure I'll even bother putting up the tree. If I suddenly get motivated and find the energy, great, if not, that's fine too.

I find it hard enough to get through what HAS to be done each day to keep my hobby farm going, all my animals alive and my family reasonably looked after. I just can't take on anymore, I don't have it in me.

I've never tried it before, but this year I'm trying to learn that "No" IS a complete sentence.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (12-05-2012)