View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach73 View Post
Hi Jana,

You need to do the poor mans TTT after about 12 hours fasting including liquids and no mestinon - if you can do that safely!!! That would give you a more accurate result. But as you are taking large doses of mestinon I wouldnt do it without a Drs supervision to be safe.

The weaving is your bodys natural way of keeping the blood from pooling in your legs - quite natural in dysautonomia and EDS.

Wow! I never knew! I just thought I was weaving because my leg muscles were weak from MG. I'll be sure and say something at my next neuro appointment. No, I don't think I can do the poor man's TTT right now. But, thanks for the detailed "how to"!!

I would say your heart rate is on the low side 60 should be the lowest maybe lower if you are an olympic athelete that maybe something you need checked. I know I feel absolutely horrible at 54bpm (lowest ive ever recorded it at). Its weird your heart did not even respond to the change in posture which is 15-20 bpm raise from your resting rate (it then drops back down again very quickly in normal people).

I have ALWAYS thought my heart rate is low. I've had my thyroid checked multiple times. I used to be quite active -- at work, in the house, and in the yard......but, NOTHING to give me an "athlete's" heart rate. It did ALSO seem odd to me that my heart rate hardly changed. It seemed like a "normal" person's would vary more than mine did. STRANGE!!

But I am not a Dr and this is only stuff I have picked up whilst researching my own illness. I dont want to look as if I am giving medical advice because I am not qualified to do so!

Something is definately going on hun. I would suggest asking to see a cardiologist that knows about dysautonomia. On Dinet they have a list of Drs if that helps.

Hugs
Rach
Thanks so much, Rach! I'll start looking for a cardiologist -- or see if my neuro can recommend one!!

Rach, you may not have the medical degree, but you are pretty darn smart!! Being sick sort of makes us GET educated about all of this stuff, doesn't it???