View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry it has been so long since I responded. I got sick AGAIN on Saturday -- this time in the afternoon, NOT at night like my previous episodes.

Doc called to say all of my bloodwork was normal.....even the metabolic panel. Red blood cells were low -- but, have been this way for a couple of months.

Had the ultrasound -- NORMAL! No gall stones or pancreas problems.

My upper stomach is still hurting after I eat -- and all I have been eating is Jello, crackers, and a little bit of rice. (I lost about 3 more lbs in the past 6/7 days.) So, GP got me an appointment at a gastroenterology clinic, STAT. I saw a nurse practitioner.

Let me tell you, this visit was an answer to PRAYERS!! The NP had previously worked in a pulmonology clinic and knew ALL about MG!! I was stunned and sooooo very happy! I actually started crying. The NP said that with bulbar MG, gastroparesis is common. I will have a gastric emptying test in the next week or so! The NP also wants me to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy AT the SAME APPOINTMENT!! Said I would already be sedated -- so, I won't even know what is going on! YAY!!!! The NP is also gonna have an anesthetist WITH me during the scopes......just to watch me and my breathing and make sure MG doesn't tank.

I still don't feel well -- physically, but emotionally, I am greatly relieved. I feel like I will finally find out what is going on.....and hopefully get something to make me "better".

Many, many thanks to you all for urging me to seek medical advice and for giving me so much info about what might be going on!!!