View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Rafi:

The person (on Alan's side of the family) who won't get on bridges, well they are on an anti-depressants for over 25 years, and ativan, and I have no idea what else. They also live on antacids. Pepsid, Gaviscon and they only drink boiled water with each meal.

They do not use salt, won't go near it. They never drink any soda. But the antacid thing, I really don't understand that. I rarely and I mean rarely have ever used a pepsid, or anything like that.

Does this person have agoraphobia and are they getting help??? Well, I can answer one of the questions.... They have never gone for therapy, counseling or anything like that. This person has worked all their life and now is retired. This is the most kindest person I have ever met.

Now some people might consider this person to be neurotic (with all the antacids, anti-depressants, and unwillingness to get in a car or go on bridges).

Me??? I don't judge anybody. I think this person is wonderful, made up of quirks, etc. So if popping pepsid, axid, gaviscon, drinking boiled water all the time, (never coffee, tea or soda), and takes ativan to go anyplace, I tell myself, (WELL, THEY ARE AT LEAST GOING SOMEPLACE, RIGHT??) I honestly never thought of the agoraphobia thing. I do know they will not go anywhere there are too many people, crowds, etc. So I think you are right on the money with the agoraphobia thing.

Boy, life is interesting isn't it???

be well

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote