View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Are you going to a pain management doctor at this time? If not, get a referral to one. These doctors are usually anesthesiologists, and know about pain. If you are going to one, keep going. lol. PLEASE don't think about surgery at this point. Surgery should be a LAST RESORT, after all conservative methods have been tried.

Physical therapy is probably your best bet along with medications. Have you had any pool therapy? That might be helpful especially for the sciatica. Believe it or not, I've had sciatica for 27 years now (Arrggh) and I've had 2 open surgeries, but nothing has helped except medications. There is the spinal cord stimulator too which helps if you can't find any relief for the sciatica. It is implanted in you, and give electrical stimulation to the sciatic nerve. You might ask your doctor about it and see if he thinks you might be a candidate for it. I wish you the very best. Please keep us posted, okay? God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote