View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello,

Starr it sounds like you have the perfect idea for this year! I think I will re-read your post every day and take it as my own rules for this Christmas. The shopping is all done.. online shopping is good for that... and I've cancelled the big party that is always at my house Christmas Eve. We are renting a room for it this year. This way I can go but leave whenever I want. As for the driving two hours (each way) I think I agree with Mark and this will be a no go for this year. My mother in law is in her 80's and her health isn't great so I really wanted to make sure I made it. I will have to try to get there early in the new year when I'm feeling a little better. I'm going to talk to my NeuroPsych today about it and see what she suggests.

I've watched the Youtube videos "you look fine" a few months back, but I don't remember much about them except they were helpful at the time. I should get my husband to re-watch them with me because I still don't think he totally understands what's going on here. I had him read the "What Brain Injury Survivors want you to Know" sheet (also posted this on facebook and emailed it to a few people) and also "9 things Not to say to someone with a brain injury" and I think they helped a bit. Thanks for posting them Mark.

I've only had two people say to my face "you look good" and I knew there was a subtext of "you don't look sick" and I just said thanks. I don't think quickly enough to come up with a witty comment or even to explain well that I look ok but don't feel it. I know a couple people, that I've only seen once or twice since the accident, have been saying it but not to me. I understand that they don't get it but then why don't they just ASK me what's wrong? Frustrating.

I tried to create a signature but it looks like I don't have that option yet. I don't have the energy or ability to stay on the computer long enough to find out why but I'm sure it will appear sooner or later.

I hope you are all having a good day!
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote