View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Jana, Blood tests for clotting disorders like Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome are easy. APS is fairly common for MGers to have.

Yeah! I remember, now -- they checked my sister for this! Will add to my list!!

That's great you got in so quickly. I'm sorry you're having symptoms. You might want to ask them to test for pernicious anemia (parietal cell antibodies and intrinsic factor antibodies). Also, they can check stomach pH when they do an upper endoscopy but they have to think to do it! They really should figure out if you are producing acid or not or are producing a smaller amount.

Will add these to my list, too!!

The prep isn't fun but the procedures are so quick. They might have to keep you in recovery longer, due to the MG. I had to do that. Any anesthetic drugs are harder to recover from.

The NP looked up all different preps -- and gave me the one that involved the least amount of fluid -- while avoiding anything contraindicated with MG. I'm sort of expecting it to take me longer to wake up. Even weak pain pills knock me out.

They can monitor both your ECG and O2. I also really hope they look for signs of celiac disease in the small intestine.

Adding these to the list, too!!

Whatever is going on, I hope you find answers and can stop this from happening. How exhausting to not be able to eat without symptoms!

The NP gave me Prilosec......I ate breakfast this morning and am NOT hurting!! YAY!!

Annie
Thanks so much, Annie!