View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's wonderful that you have seen improvement on your medication. My experience with prednisone was that it needed to be tapered VERY slowly. My doctor told me that I had become "steroid dependent" so would need to wean slowly. Each person is different in terms of how they respond. Be sure to let your doctor know if you are experiencing a resurgence of symptoms as you taper.

I was on a max of 60 mg daily earlier this year. I noticed increased double vision as I tapered below 50 mg daily. I, unfortunately, never had total resolution of my double vision on the prednisone, but it was much improved when I was taking prednisone. My neurologist had me tapering 2.5 mg every 2 weeks, so it took me forever to finally get off of the prednisone. Unfortunately, I was only off of it for about 10 days before I started to feel the old symptoms of arm and leg weakness. My neurologist suggested restarting the prednisone at a low dose (5-10 mg) to see if I notice improvement. I haven't restarted it yet as I'm hopeful (though not real optimistic) that those symptoms will just go away.

Cate

Last edited by catie; 12-06-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: grammar
catie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote