View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiek View Post
Michael
Brilliant links again, It is frustrating when you are sat in a DR's office talking to them and you can just tell they don't believe you. I have the added problem of not always having outside symptoms, It can be a terrible day in terms of pain but I may not have any colour changes or swelling. This always happens on the days I have a dr appointment, it is almost as if the Dr can't see it so it can't be happening. On my next appointment I have decided to print out information on from the internet to take to my Dr and see if that helps.
If it is of any consolation, I went for close to three years without any outward signs except subtle changes in hair and nail growth that Dr. Schwartzman was able to use (specifically something called "pilo-erection" in a game-changing report he wrote on my behalf. He also remarked during an conference with my wife, as I was discharged following a 5-day lidocaine infusion that did nothing for me, on how "deep-down" my pain was. (What some people call "bone-crushing pain.)

Didn't look through all your posts, which might answer this, but don't know if you have lower-extremity CRPS. But even if you don't, here's a tip: the moment you get in the examination room, casually pop yourself on the examination table, slipping off your shoes and letting your feet dangle: in the "dependent position." If you have any tendency to edema, it should show up w/on minutes. And if your pain if "lower-extremity" your feet with turn all sorts of fun color in the minutes while you wait to be seen, with no increase of pain. (But it puts on a good show.)

- Walt Whitman
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
katiek (12-06-2012)