View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Waste not want not!! Take that money and guard it against folks who want to sell too much router, or designer stuff, or the nefarious "would you like a protection plan with that?"

Oh yeah, the common reality is people are cajoled into spending far too much. Kinda like "super size that for you?" Then we wish we had not.

I hope your spineometer doesn't jerk you around too too much Spiney! I envision an OLD....... yeah I am OLD I reckon, Mighty Mouse caroon "Here I Am To Save the DAY!!!" The episode where the old weather guy was checking his bunions and such when all of a sudden a Noreaster blew in and his limbs went bazonka...... So stay warm, comfy, cozy, throw another log in the "microwave" well, better not do that! BUT, you get the idea. The well kept Spiney is the more comfortable Spiney.

Prayin and hopin, OH, and keep that Vizio and plug it in for initializing once you get a new router up. You see, one reality about Vixio is the tech requires software updates, and if the router is not on tap the updates cannot happen..... causing the system to wait until it can happen.
Hope that will work for you,
Prayin,
Mark56
It's pretty hard to get this old girl to part with her money. The harder they push, the more likely I am to call it a dead deal. BINGO!!!! You are brilliant. I knew there was more to the story of the "dead Vizio"........regardless of what the techs said. They never asked about the router. They just kept saying there was some sort of domino hardware crash. I didn't look , walk, or quack like a crash. It looked like some sort of lack of power. No messages reflecting mechanical failure. It acted like it was permanently unplugged. If the Vizio was receiving updates, the router no longer supported the technology. It's alive!!!!!!!! Bhaw ha ha ha ha Hopefully the new router will get the Nexus up and running. I will settle for waking the Vizio up. I will have my grandson get it (the Vizio) hooked up after I get home from the hospital and settled. He set it up initially and I still have the book. Back to bed and perhaps a little peaceful sleep now. Thanks.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-08-2012), Mark56 (12-07-2012), Rrae (12-08-2012)