View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Wow, the definition of PTSD is sure widening. 12 years ago, Traumatic Stress meant the subject of the stress endured ongoing stress during an ongoing traumatic event with the key factor being that the subject was prevented from relieving the stress or responding in a positive way against the trauma. Sort of a "I know what I should be doing to relieve this problem but circumstances prevent me from doing that."

With PCS, if this takes place, I believe a lot of it is caused by the failure of the health care system to adequately diagnose and treat the injury. If they can not treat the symptoms, they should at least offer positive support. Neither level of care is frequently offered to the PCS sufferer.

I wish humor was an adequate treatment for depression. It may help with temporary depression but not likely with clinical depression since clinical depression is a physiological disorder that requires a more intensive approach. The emotional factors need to be overcome consistently for long enough for the stress load to be reduced allowing the brain to heal and begin proper functioning.

Many fail to understand that depression can be caused by an overload of positive events that prevent the brain from resting. It is not just negative or stinkin' thinkin'

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote