View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fluctuating dependence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southblues View Post
My husband had to go to the hospital due to a heart issue. It looks like he will be ok and I am infinitely grateful for that. I realized today just how much he does to help me. I am so tired. I don't think that I could get by without him. I wonder how those that live alone survive this illness......
First of all glad he is OK

In the beginning I remember horrendous brain fog and my husband always´pushing´me with some new information how to work a new gadget or something. Or to do manual work whilst very pregnant...

Next came an acceptance phase. Four years went by and he did EVERYTHING
I could no longer grasp or hold out bed sheets to change them, squeeze water out of a cloth, peel a single potato, hang up washing - even pull washing out of the tumble dryer. So he did it all.... The hardest was his 48 hour shifts when I was alone with a small child and had difficulties dressing him (especially stretching and pulling small stretch clothes was absolute torture)

Last came the impatient phase! Now when I come home from work and have done overtime I should also clean the house! In a short period he will retire and I wants me to keep but somewhere in a warmer climate! It is good we communicate well with each other - taking on conscious OR unconscious roles on either side of dependance is a LOT to talk about

It´s a lot to process, a lot to be thankful for and a lot to gauge constantly when fluctuating symptoms affect your daily life AND your relationships.......

Sorry, blah blahing a bit much as am running late!

Anacrusis
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
southblues (12-07-2012)