View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiek View Post
Hi Micheal
Thanks again for the info, I think that the dr's I have seen expect to see the mass swelling and colour changes and if someone is sat there looking relitavly normal then their first thought be to rebuff the persons claims. my crps affects my right side so leg included, I will try that trick. I do have cracked split nails and permanent tremours but unfourtunatly I think sometimes the Dr don't really know theirselves. But thank you again for the advice
Hi, the idea is to sit there, looking "relatively normal" with the edema, mottling etc., setting in as the nurse takes your blood pressure, and the doctor begins to ask her/his question. Then you just ever so casually mention whatever you've just induced as "something I've been noticing a lot lately . . ." And most likely, no one would even pay attention as to how you were sitting, and even if they did, the larger point is that in a person with normal sympathetic function, the blood vessels in your legs, feet and ankles would naturally construct in order to compensate for the slightly unusual posture: mo color changes or edema would follow. So it's nothing you're faking, only allowing.

And where your primary care physician is at least interested - which is great - in looking at this in greater detail, I will try to pull some information for you on changes in nail growth and body hair.

In the meantime, I have two recommendations: (1) get a professional photographer to take pictures of your nails ASAP (someone who will also sign a letter attesting to the date of the pictures and that s/he either personally knows you or reviewed of copy of your driver's license passport, with its number and expiration date) and (2) STOP SHAVING YOUR BODY HAIR, if you do. And while I understand that the latter may be distasteful to some women (and younger women at that) it's essential if your docs are to be able to judge abnormal patterns of body hair, which for right now at least, may be one of the few things might have to go on!

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

- Walt Whitman
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote