View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Oh Lordy....I have to be careful here because I feel so passionately about this subject that I could just let it all hang out and let the chips fall where they may.

No, of course the lawyers and politicians don't care anything at all about what you and I might want KathyM...well, maybe the occasional one might but for the most part they want to get re elected so they can continue doing what ever it is they do.

I "lost" a wonderfully talented niece to galloping MS. Her stomach muscles lost the ability to digest food....this on top of her many other loses...the ability to draw and paint....to walk...In order for her to live...they wanted to put in a feeding tube and she chose "no". The consequences were made very clear to her....that she would starve to death. She chose no...the quality of her life was more important to her than the length of it. And she'd lived a life of quality...she was a giver.

Who could fault her decision? Certainly not those of us who loved and respected her. She had the courage of her convictions...she had grit.

I am not advocating this choice for others...it's a personal decision...or at least it should be!

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote