View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 07:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Heya..

Well... smelling is never a good option. I know we get isolated with RSD - but that would be taking it too far. Don't think your family would be too keen either!

Shaving - HAHAHA YEH RIGHT. I am just a Yeti (well, I'm not cos most of the hair has fallen out of my legs and arms). I must admit I get my carer to attack my armpits occasionally just because I HATE armpit hair and it stings so badly on my under arms. I figure that shaving/ waxing/ immacing takes 2 seconds and lasts for weeks whereas letting the hair touch me sends me MAD! (or madder). Shaving is faster - but because of my dystonia I can't be relied on to stay still - and am not a fan of being pinned to the bed by the carer and my mates so that a razor can be waved under my arms - so waxing is easier - but more painful short term. I discovered immac lately and it's great - it's just that with my skin being so SO easily destroyed I end up with horrible rashes from it - so use it as a last resort.

Legs - quite a few RSDers I know sugar them. I wear my legs with confidence that they are one of the ugliest pairs you are likely to ever see..!!

Also - I must admit because of pains "down there" and hypersensitivity I get waxes or immac *=(hair removal cream).... not comfortable - but seriously - if you are having to be bed bathed it is alot more.....
(trying to think of a word) ....... convenient...and less hypersensitive.

Eyebrows - I cheat - my PM dr prescribes me numbing gel :P hahah! then they are either waxed or plucked by a professional.. or carers I TRUST .. (my sis once plucked them all out. it was NOT a good look).

Deodrant - do you use spray, wash or roll? Sprays are very painful due to the aerosols - have you tried the rolls? Though it is hard to get your arm up there... will have a think. When I was able to use my arms more I had a rolling one attached to a stick. I also used to use a handmade deodrant bar which was far nicer on the skin and smelled great. Isn't aluminum chloride good for stopping sweating? but might kill the skin,

Let me know how the de-yeti-ing goes!

Froggsy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote