View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 03:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg neck prob View Post
indiana;
I had a recent apt with my surgeon asked him this ? what do you do if someone has a falied fusion? ---He said 2nd surgery would be required for the nest long tern success rate--- depending on the mri sometimes they can re-do acdf sometimes posterior works best on 2nd surgery.It all depends on the mri. I was thinking of you so I thought I would ask. I trust my surgeron Harvard grad ...he has a great reputation where I live on Ohio. Hope this helps!!
I had a failed c5-6 anterior and they went right back in anterior and did it over and also did c6-7 then used a plate to lock it down and a bone stim for 6 months. It depends on what the surgeon is most comfortable with and as each of us is different, a case by case decision. I know that posterior has a lot more muscle to get to where you are going.....

Ginnie the big corp that I was treating with were physiatrist. The doctor I was seeing refuses to release me so another doctor there can treat me, and she refuses to see me again herself. STILL after all the new evidence stated it was in my head and there was nothing wrong with me at all! That note is following me everywhere I go and making treatment difficult.
gatorhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (12-10-2012)