View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Unhappy

oh, how awful.

Our beloved Tippy (20) had this in Jan 2011. We had her put down within 20 minutes. This type of thing is really not treatable, for the most part. It can come from cardiac myopathy and the clots form in the heart.

I know the scream/cry. It freezes me thru and thru. Tippy went down at lunch.. It happened to us 20 yrs before so we were prepared to have the quick euthanasia, this time. Until this happened she was active, jumping up to high places (unlike our other old cat Sheba who couldn't do that), and there was no warning. The only thing she had was a vaccine reaction a year before to rabies vaccine. (she almost died that day).

My condolences and sympathies are with you. The stress from the Vet is also horrible. It will take a bit for you to just recover from THAT IMO.

Tippy followed Sheba (24) by 2.5months. It was then I decided on a new kitten within days. It was Weezie. It was the best thing I could have done at the time--for her as she was not adopted with her littermates, and for me, grieving so much it was making me ill! Weezie was desperate for a mommy and I believe now that God closed the door and opened the window for Weezie to come to us.

This is Tippy:

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 03-12-2013 at 04:40 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-07-2012), Debbie D (12-09-2012), Erika (12-07-2012), ewizabeth (12-07-2012), SallyC (12-07-2012), Twinkletoes (12-10-2012)