Thread: Getting nervous
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you very much guys!
Jo*mar, I should be good with pumping. I only need to do it twice a day and I'm sure my surgery won't be all night so I shouldn't get engorged. My surgeon said that he thought that it would be manageable if I pumped one breast at a time. I'm open to the idea of weaning if need be, but I'd prefer not to.
Thankful For Hope, Thank you so much for that list! That definitely gives me a good idea on where to start. I tend to metabolize drugs fast and efficiently so I don't usually get nauseous so hopefully I can get around the Zofran though that is safe while breastfeeding I've been told. The same with colace/mag. There's not much in the way of muscle relaxants that are safe but the half life means I'd only have to dump for 3 days after my last dose. I can always save that milk and make soap out of it instead (god I hate dumping!) I'm allergic to Tramadol but Vicodin works well for me (percocet and hydrocodone I don't respond well to) so hopefully that can be my take home med. I wish the tramadol was still an option for me- it works phenominally until I started getting itchy and having difficulty breathing :-(
Thanks!!
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote