View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 02:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default The effect of various vitamins on the absorption of Sinemet

I had the opportunity to scientifically investigate the effect of various vitamins, etc. on the absorption of the Sinemet that I take to control my Parkinson's symptoms. If you are interested, some of the results from that study are shown below.

===============

Sinemet dosage: Two (2) 25/100 tablets taken 5 times a day (first dose at 7:00 am, remaining doses taken every 3 hours)

===============

Vitamine E
----------

A single, 400 I.U. dose of vitamin E was taken with the initial 7:00 a.m. dose of Sinemet.

Vitamin E markedly interfered with the absorption of the Sinemet. It actually made the observable tremor and dyskinesia worse.

CO Q-10
-------

A single 50 mg tablet of CO Q-10 was taken with the initial 7:00 a.m. dose of Sinemet.
Some initial improvement in the absorption of the Sinemet was noted but the benefit didn't extend beyond the 2nd dose of Sinemet at 10:00 a.m.

One 50 mg tablet of CO Q-10 was taken with each of the 5 doses of Sinemet for a total of 250 mg for the day. There was a significant improvement in the absorption of the Sinemet with a noticeable decrease in observable tremor for the entire day.

Two 50 mg tablets of CO Q-10 were taken with each of the 5 doses of Sinemet for a total of 500 mg for the day. At this dosage, CO Q-10 significantly interfered with the absorption of the Sinemet. It actually made the observable tremor and dyskinesia considerably worse.

Three 50 mg tablets of CO Q-10 were taken with each of the 5 doses of Sinemet for a total of 750 mg for the day. The results were extremely poor.

Centrum, New Formula, Multivitamin
----------------------------------

A single tablet of Centrum was taken with the initial 7:00 a.m. dose of Sinemet. An improvement in the absorption of the Sinemet was noted but I experienced nausea for over an hour. Others might fare better.

L-Glutathione (Source Natural)
-------------------------------
A single 50 mg tablet of L-Glutathione was taken with the initial 7:00 a.m. dose of Sinemet. There was a significant improvement in the absorption of the Sinemet with a noticeable decrease in observable tremor for the entire day. I felt remarkably well during the day.

I also evaluated 250 mg and 500 mg dosage levels with increasingly poorer results.

I have incorporated a single 50 mg tablet dose of L-Glutathione into my daily drug routine for the past 3 years.

===========
Steve
Songfellow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Arsippe (12-08-2012), Conductor71 (01-20-2013), ScottSuff (12-09-2012), toyL (10-25-2013)