View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish43 View Post
Has anyone tried living with venous TOS without a surgery for it? I am interested in hearing from you, what your experience is like. I have had one blood clot presumably as a direct result of venous TOS and doctors kind of think I will have more clots unless I stay on blood thinners for life. My other choice is to opt for first rib resection surgery. They think my right subclavian vein has an external compression at first rib and costoclavicular ligament. Can anyone relate to this? I am only 7 mos post-clot but there is concern the vein, which was completely occluded until they busted out the clot and ballooned it, will re-occlude. Can a person live like that even so? I have some collaterals. Am just wondering if anyone has a similar experience.
Yes you can live without surgery as I did for 45 years, I was in constant pain and discomfort all the time. On Oct 4th Dr Thompson removed my first rib, scalene muscles and did a vein implant to replace my occluded subclavian vein. The recovery was difficult but I feel much better now than before the surgery. I fully expect to be 100% within a year.

All I can say is surgery will be well worth it if your Dr has the same level of expertise that Dr Thompson in St Louis has, or have it done in St Louis.

Regis
onelessrib is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antikamars (12-08-2012)