View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead5 View Post
Laura,

Thanks so much for your kind post. What you describe as being "akinetic" and a brain fog sound very much like what my mom is experiencing right now. I wish the neuro had suggested reducing more slowly, knowing now what I know, but no going back now. It's been about 5 weeks since the first reduction and about 2 weeks since the last reduction, so I think we're still in early stages. She's seems a little more stable now than last week, just real, real weak and slow physically. Her mind though seems pretty sharp externally at times though she says she is in a fog. I have some more feelers out to various practitioners, will see what happens.
Just an update. We have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. Melissa Nirenberg in NYC/NYU - who has done peer reviewed studies (part funded by the PDF) specifically on PD drug induced addiction.

My mother has been doing better and better the past few weeks, though she does not say so. All her friends are commenting how much stronger and sharper she is. She still seems to have good and bad days. We shall see...
egghead5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (12-12-2012)