View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Psst. Mark, it's not till Tuesday ... you're doing what I was doing this morning ... thinking it's Monday!

Hehehe ..

I've been looking at the weather forecast, and apart from it being cold (-5 is cold here) on Tuesday morning, no snow is forecast. (Famous last words here) If it gave snow we were all set to book into a hotel for the night.

Tuesday is my surgeon's day off, and he's coming in specially to do my operation and I am pretty sure I am first on the list.

I'm really excited ... I love The Hallamshire Hospital ... I will be on N floor and have a fabulous view of Sheffield. I'm not bothered whether I am in a room on my own or on a ward ... if I'm in a room on my own Ii can leave the blinds open and just watch Sheffield lit up like a fairy tree .. but I do love the companionship of others.

I met so many brave people when I first had the paddle lead in ... mainly brain tumours as N is an acute Neurology ward.

I'm still in touch with a couple of girls from there .. just the odd text or letter.

Today has been lovely .. apart from the pain. I'm going to open up the Prosecco wine tonight as I wont be able to drink alcohol tomorrow really lol.

Mark .. Have you got the cards yet? I'm interested in how long they take to get to you.

To all my friends .. and to those who lurk on this forum and read our posts .. may you wake with a smile tomorrow and have a great day.

I intend to go out on TOOTLE my mobility scooter .. I'll get many memories, laughs and feel so grateful for this beautiful world I live in.

God bless .. x xx
Saffy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-09-2012), ger715 (12-09-2012), Hannabananna (12-09-2012), Mark56 (12-09-2012), Rrae (12-09-2012)