View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink

Thank you, Nan,

I am lucky to have a facility in my community, plus I ride my recumbant tricycle and feel good effects from that as well. I think that now that I am at 10 years with PD, I am feeling less well. And I am feeling more urgency for avenues for PWP to live better / feel better. There is a lot of duplicated research out there and I wish that were not so, and I wish that more wellness facilities were available to others in the PD community.

Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist View Post
Jean,

Exercise does work but as we all know, nature of science is to prove any hypothesis. The recent results of the trial with 26 people confirms the first trial that was held with 12 people, that confirms the serendipitous results of Jay's ride across Iowa 10 years ago. Now they are starting a study with 100 people, which happens to be a magic number in scientific research. It's hard to wait, both for the trials and for the outcomes.

In the meantime, many YMCAs and exercise centers across the country are starting Pedaling for Parkinson's programs. If there is not one in your area, contact your local YMCA or don't hesitate to contact me with a private message and I'll see if I can help.

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (12-09-2012)