View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default same with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Mandated Testing prior to surgical procedures since anesthesia is dangerous enough without the risk of unknowns. It is par for the course.

Further, illness which could compromise the surgical work would be detected by most such testing; another reason for its conclusion BEFORE you set foot into check-in. Seems you should be requiring attention and answers to questions before you hop in the car for the ride to surgery.

One time I was exempted from the testing, and because it was a surgery occurring within 30 days of the next most previous surgery I experienced. The two surgeries were close enough in time, even the med center felt it was not necessary to "put me through more."

One who has lived the torturous path,
And CARES,
while prayin,
Mark56
Last March I had a microdiscectomy,,,,two weeks later my SCS trial and two weeks after that my SCS implant. I only had to re do my bloodwork/EKG after 30 days passed which they almost missed.
We do have to keep track of these things and speak up...not always easy ..Spine you seem to go over all your mental lists for every scenerio...keep at it for your own mental relief so you can go into surgery with less anxiety.
Johanna*
Hannabananna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-10-2012), Mark56 (12-10-2012), Rrae (12-13-2012), Spiney95 (12-10-2012)