View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My SCS for Thalamic Pain Syndrome

I have great results so far.

I have had widespread CRPS since 1993. Suffered a Brainstem Stroke in 2010 caused from side effects of one of my pain medications. Re-gained most function back within the first week. About two weeks out Thalamic Pain Syndrome hit on the entire Rt. Side.. (This pain is like RSD on steroids). Only after a large variety of pain therapies fail, I qualified for a SCS.
This was implanted in April 2012. It took several trips back for programing tweeks to get max coverage for my leg and arm pain. I have three different programs to choose from depending on the type activity I do.

This unit has 6 positional change sensors that auto re-adjust my desired settings. Really cool techy stuff, I can adjust the pulse width and rate with one of the programs. It took a lot of devotion from the clinic staff for all the tweeks and added programs.

Later this week I start a trial with a second SCS unit which should cover the pain of rt. Half of my chest/abdomial area, side and back.

Granted my neurostimulator does not kill all the pain all the time, but it sure has made my life more bearable to be more active and less in brain fog by have reduced and stopping some of my medications.
Poko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-10-2012), Hannabananna (12-10-2012), Mark56 (12-12-2012), Rrae (12-12-2012)