View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm off Mirapex for week, and my BP is now normal. And I'm back on my old diuretic. Every night is an adventure to see if I'll jerk enough to be kept awake. Some nights no jerks, some nights jerks half the night, some nights an hour or two of jerks and then sleep. Last night I slept after only an hour and a half of jerks. It's all ridiculous, partly because no doctor has an idea of what causes this. More guessing on the part of doctors, as has always been the case with me, whether or not I had extensive testing such as MRI, VER, cat scan. Anyway, I'm so relieved to have normal blood pressure again.
Is it not true (I solicit your thoughts) that some of us get a definite explanation of what's going on, and others get either a multiplex of explanations or no explanation? To me shows how primitive medicine is, even though we do have some discoveries which helped us. To me the Swank diet was the main thing that helped, whether or not it's an MS treatment others agree on.
Also the recommendation of magnesium was a breakthrough for me, without which I'd be a hopeless twitchy mess. I had only one neurologist who recommended this; what if I'd never seen him?
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-10-2012)