Thread: greetings
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default greetings

hi all i am a 54yr old with pd dx in 1993. ws on meds and they just stoppped working (so did my legs)2 years ago i decided to go for it with the dbs. it worked!most of my balance is there, i am a bit wobbly at times..my voice is clear and strong, my arms and my whoole body is remarkably still and flailin free.....my suregery was in two parts about a month and 1/2 between them... the first surgery was amazing...bliss/normalcy. it was all very exciting..........i wore my shevef head proudley, a pd miracle..some pain not bad. the second surgery was a bit different..not too bad but differenct,...my head hurt, and i got very sad/empotional /depressed...i d like to say yhat it was that i broke up with my boy friend, moved to a new redisdence, got a new caregiverall within 2 weeks of the brain surgery. not the best timeing!
anyways, i had a lot of cognitive fuzziness, couldnt look at a computer...it all blended together. (sorry a bout the typos...)i feel like all the attention and support disappeeared and i was on my own to deal with the weird head stuff. weird emotional outbursts. i just want to connect and share with anyone....im new so you will see me around oh io forgot to say that i am also an artist....stained glass mosaics....
lisa crumrine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote