View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
When out at a social function, it will help to stay out of the middle of the room. The intensity and echoes will be less off in a corner. If you ever notice a quick change in what you hear, run for the door. This is your brain reaching a fight or flight level of over-stimulation. The next few minutes may become over-overwhelmingly difficult with a long recovery.

It took me a while to learn all of the signs and triggers.

Hope this helps.

My best to you.
I too am figuring out my triggers. I am having trouble with people at work who know I cannot handle flashing lights, being stupid. I told my boss it isn't like I can just say I am ok once the flashing lights are turned off, because my brain has gone into "fight or flight" mode and it won't listen to reason for a few hours minimum. Now I am beginning to have the feeling just being there because my mind is on alert for trouble. Arrggggh! I have 9 days off between Christmas and New Years to clear my thoughts. If it goes right back to "fight or flight" after the new year, I have decisions to make.

Concussion 6/29/12 by hitting back of head on concrete bottom of a pool coming off a water slide - MRI July 2012 normal -

October 2012 hit same spot on corner of filing cabinet.
MaryinIA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote