View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Holiday party/get together tips

Hello,

I hope you are all having a good day! I'm still trying to recover from my blinding flash from the Christmas tree lights that took me out two days ago. For some reason I couldn't sleep at all that night either (serotonin issue from the blinding light?) and then yesterday my eye doctor blinded me again in the left eye. Head hurts and eyes are blurry and sensitive.

Anyhow, the question of the day is... do you have any tips for getting through holiday family get togethers? I've searched the site and haven't found a lot. I already plan on incorporating Marks tips about wearing ear plugs and staying out of the middle of the room. Great tips! I'm hoping there might be more out there. I know every person is different and I probably shouldn't even be going but I'd like to at least stop by.

This party is normally at my house but this year we are renting a room and are expecting about 20-25 people. One thing specifically I was wondering about... do you think it would be better to take many short breaks... say.. leave the room every 1/2 hour for 5 minutes or so or to wait an hour and then take a 15-20 minute break? Depending on the situation, I seem to have a 1 to 2 hour threshold but I would like to try to make it last longer to get through more of the party.

Or should I just put up with it as long as I can, go home when I can't take it anymore and just expect to have a week or so recovery time?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

CC

Crashed bike on July 2, 2012. Still suffering headaches, confusion, blurred vision, dizziness, mental and physical fatigue, emotion issues, light and noise sensitivity, etc.
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote