View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Zinnia,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. You have found a good place.

Everything you are experiencing sounds like normal Post Concussion Syndrome. There are a few things to help you recover and minimize symptom intensity. The first thing you need is quiet rest. This means a low cognitive load in a quiet low stimulation environment. You likely have this at your night job.

You day time job will need some accommodations. Maybe you can make a desk sign that says, Please be quiet, I am recovering from a concussion injury. My signature verse explains this issue.

You can also enhance your brain's ability to recover with good nutrition. The injured brain needs additional nutrition to a healthy brain and body. There is a thread called Vitamin Supplements that explains a regimen I was prescribed by a doctor long ago. It may be a few pages back already. Post a reply and it will top post for quicker reference.

Regarding your chiropractor. The common twist the head and pop the neck is often too aggressive for people like us. Gentler treatments with traction and icing can be more beneficial.

Tell us more about your symptoms. There are lots of tip and techniques for dealing with the many symptoms.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote