View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Doctors

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly11 View Post
I'm trying to let my "hello" thread die b/c just seeing the title brings up bad memories for me so I will update here.

It will be 2 weeks tomorrow that I saw my endocrinologist. In recap my TSH was up from 1.24 in the year 2009 to 4.96 in 2012. Pdoc wanted the endo to get it down under 3 then if I still needed anti-depressants we would begin that whole ordeal of finding one that wouldn't make me manic.

So 2 weeks ago endo ran more bloodwork. Today they called and said Dr. BXXXXXX has chosen not to treat you with any medication at this time. Please schedule an appt for 6 months from now and he will repeat your bloodwork and re-assess at that time. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED. Maybe it's b/c I have this cold and I already feel awful I don't know. But I feel like Abbie when she said she felt invisible. I mean do these mdocs think we don't have better things to do than make appts, go to labs, pay their bills, sit in their offices, so they can take the WAIT AND SEE approach. Oh yeah, mdoc, I agree with you. Let's wait until it gets even worse then let's do something about it. That makes total sense *sarcasm off*

So after I pulled myself back together I made an appt with my aunt's internist. Her first available appt is Jan 2nd so I took it. I was hoping to get in sooner as my deductible is met for the year but that's how it goes. Tomorrow if my voice is better I will call endo's office and find out how I go about getting my medical records for this new internist. Thank God we live in a country where we can get a second opinion. And I thank God for this group.

P.S. Last few days I've been so sick I was just pretty much laying in bed. My husband would come in every so often to fill my water glass. He kept trying to coax me to get up and I'd say maybe after I take another little nap. At one point he said sit up, I'll bring you the laptop, you can go on your forum. I said no, it's okay, I just want to keep lying down. He was like Ya'll that's when he knew it was bad.

It sounds like you need new doctors the ones you have don't seem to be taking very good care of you Ihope you find help soon
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-11-2012), Brokenfriend (12-11-2012), butterfly11 (12-11-2012), DiMarie (12-12-2012), Dmom3005 (12-11-2012)