Thread: Update on me...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default got answer on lead migration

Saw dr. today and turns out leads have not migrated

I was thinking the cervical ones had as on the x-ray it showed them as being at different level than was told they were put at on implant surgery. They told me today that my leads probably did migrate some but it's quite common for it to happen right as you're getting off the surgery table or in the first 30 days, post implant! Who woulda' thought, certainly not me. On the x-rays, my lumbar leads were exactly where they shoulda' been, at T8.

So, now for the neck pain that the cervical unit isn't getting, they are going to give me an epidural steroid shot at C7 to see if that gets to the root of the problem (pun intended ).

Sigh of relief here! Did not want to messed with again! Can't believe I've had my "twins" for over 2 years now. Rep. said today that she had a man come to see her who had his in for 5 years and just wanted tweaked. I was under the assumption that tweaking was for the early days and getting your pain levels down, but sounds like you can go in for a tune-up several years after implant. Will have to keep that in mind.

Anyhow, just wanted to pass this. Please know that if I'm not on here often it's not because I don't think of all of you, but because I'm busy doing my blog and, now, may be moving to Texas
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-11-2012), Mark56 (12-11-2012), Rrae (12-19-2012), Spiney95 (12-12-2012)