View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark, thanks for the response. After I posted my question, I found several very helpful posts from several of you, assuring me that my symptoms are as a result of the injury. My husband is reading those posts right now so he can understand better, too. I might print them off and show to a few coworkers who would be open and understanding.

"Regarding your chiropractor. The common twist the head and pop the neck is often too aggressive for people like us. Gentler treatments with traction and icing can be more beneficial. ".

My chiropractor uses kinesiology and never the twisting or cracking. She has been very gentle and only working with my head as the external injury has gotten less painful. I think she has helped me get through this easier. She is also big on nutrition and supplements. I'll check out your previous post.

Your idea of the sign at at my desk sounds good and I might try it. Usually when I ask to be left alone for one reason or another (a lot to do, etc.) that only applies to the other person, not the guy who is reading it!!

I have been relating my symptoms to all that is happening in my life right now and just in the last couple of days realized it was probably just as much or more connected to the injury.

Mine are not big neon sign symptoms, just subtle things. The tiredness, the desire to either lash out at the board meeting last night or run out and slam the door behind me, ( fortunately I did neither and sat like a good little girl, biting my tongue!) , all the mistakes I have been making lately, being forgetful, headache, waking in the night in a fight or flight mode, unexplained feeling of sadness and despair, lack of motivation. No outward signs and when at work I can fake my way through it and fool everyone into thinking I'm just fine. Getting home, I can crash!

I thank God for my husband who is concerned and trying to help.

So I will continue to read other posts and glean what I can and rest as much as possible! Thanks for the great info!

Kathy
Zinnia326 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote