View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshh20 View Post
Yes I am seeing a pain management doctor but not as often as I should due to bills that we can't afford. They have me on tylenol and ultram or vicodin for pain, flexeril for my muscles and voltaron for swelling. *(I know those might now be spelled correct). What really just made everything worse is that the mri showed bruised bone as well, so they want to cast me or i have to be on crutches at all times. I go to college half day and my high school he other half. I don't know how I will manage that.
Keep as strong as you can! Do your best to excel in school. From what I've read so far a LOT of people can have long periods of remission! I'm only almost 2 months into my "condition", and have no figured out the med treatment plan yet so I empathize with your pain! I've been to the E.R. 2x in the last month because the pain was out of control but my doctor/s couldn't see me till the following week. If you have to use crutches makes sure you are taught the proper way to use them! As well as have them be the correct height and padded!!! very important details. Id you don't have all of that right you could injure yourself after "long-term" use, and SOMETIMES injuries can make the CRPS spread!So be careful, but also know it doesn't ALWAYS spread, everyone is different and that's part if what makes this condition so hard to pin down I think. I hope you find some relief soon! and PLEASE try as hard as you can in school. I didn't, and I was well. Now I'm paying for it in spades. Working overtime for time missed from doc appts and procedures, because I can't afford the time off....i

Hope you feel "better" soon
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote