View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default re...

Hi Mark,
Thank you for such a thorough and in depth reply.
The blood tests I got done were a FBC, protein and thyroid.
The Vitamins I am currently taking are
- Fish oil 4 tablets per day.
- ginkgo biloba (1 tablet per day to help with fog)
- 1 multi vitamin highly concentrated in b12
- My doctor has prescribed me 1 NSAID per day
- Magnesium (powder form) 1 table spoon per day

You are right in saying stressful events may have contributed. I did take it easy on the alcohol, but I still continued to have a few drinks each week until about a month ago. And what may have been a real contributor was a 12km run I did 4 weeks after my concussion.

Of course at the time I had no idea I could develop post concussion syndrome, even after being to two different doctors which said that my headaches could not be related to my concussion!!
Another relapse came at about 3 months into PCS in which I broke up with a long term girlfriend, causing me huge stress!

But this last month I have concentrated ion taking my vitamins, reduced my alcohol and caffeine intake and have been trying to relax, so I have noticed a slight improvement. I am still at work in front of a computer for 8 hours a day which I’m sure is hindering my recover, but I am looking forward to the Christmas break to get some real rest.

I also think the chiro is helping, I had neck x rays and discovered by c1 and c2 were misaligned, and are now in a 6 week course to try and straighten me up!
Should I be doing any exercise, I am currently swimming laps (very lightly 2 or 3 times a week)???
Any other thoughts tips to help me get over this hurdle would be greatly appreciated.
I’m of to the chiro now and will be sure to ice afterwards!
This forum is proving to be a great help!
Peter11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote